Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Tuesday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State urges President Muhammadu Buhari to personally reply former President Olusegun Obasanjo over his recent open letter rejecting him for 2019 presidential election.
2. The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has declared Mr. Kassim Afegbua, the spokesman of former Head of State, Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, wanted over controversial statement credited to the former Nigerian leader.
3. The former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, after been compelled by Justice Okon Abang of the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court to appear before it yesterday arrived court in stretcher, forcing the case to be adjourned till March 14.
4. Wife of Ex-PDP Chairman’s son, Maryam Sanda, who killed her husband over alleged infidelity, says she is three (3) months pregnant.
5. Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu said that the amendments of the Constitution and Electoral Act would be ready soon.
6. Governors under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the party’s National Working Committee, ask PDP Senators and House of Representatives members to initiate restructuring bills.
7. Lt. Gen. Mansur Dan-Ali, the Minister of Defence, says that the Federal Government has plans to establish a commission for the control of illegal firearms in the country.
8. The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu, says that the anti-graft recovered N473billion, $98.258million in 2017.
9. The Leader of the Boko Haram terrorist group, Abubakar Shekau, and his members have reportedly fled from Sambisa Forest to remote villages in Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State, following the recent attack by Nigerian troops dislodging them.
10. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who was in Kano State on Saturday said that he did not visit the state for political reasons, but he was in Kano to attend the wedding ceremony of his personal assistant, Hafiz Ibrahim Kawu.