Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Oyegun, says that the defeat in the recent election held in Anambra State is surprising.
2. Leaders from the Southern part of Nigeria following the gruesome killings in Benue State, tells President Muhammadu Buhari, to sack the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, and address Nigerians.
3. On Monday in Abuja, the members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN), clashed with police as they protested against the continued detention of their leader, Sheikh Ibraheem El-Zakzaky.
4. The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has reportedly completed the repair of the gas pipeline that caused the collapse of power.
5. The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, wants court to stop probe by NASS over the return, reinstatement and promotion of a sacked former boss of the Presidential Pension Task Reform, Abdulrasheed Maina.
6. Oyo State Government targets N112billion Internally Generated Revenue in 2018.
7. The apex body of the Fulani herdsmen association, the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, following the recent horrible killings has insisted that Benue State Government must modify anti-grazing law for peace to reign.
8. Teachers in Kaduna State dare Governor Nasir El-Rufai following the threat by the Government of Kaduna State to the teachers in the State not to embark on strike with the Teachers Union.
9. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) says that Nigeria’s external reserves hit four-year high at $40.4billion.
10. Ahead of today’s rally in Abia State, the National Chairman of the APC, Mr. Odigie-Oyegun, says that the South-East and South-South region of Nigeria are crucial to the party’s victory in 2019.
11. Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar says that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will transform Nigeria.
12. A former Governor of Ekiti State, Otunba Niyi Adebayo, in Abuja yesterday told journalists that Governor Ayodele Fayose became governor again by accident.
13. The Bauchi State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has stated that reconciling the Speaker of the National House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, and the Governor of the state, Mr. Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar, is a priority.
14. On Monday, some Governors, Ministers and security agencies met over the clash between Fulani herdsmen and farmers in Nigeria.
15. President Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly ordered the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, to relocate to Benu State.