Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Wednesday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The National House of Representatives has summoned a wanted former Chairman of the Presidential Pension Task Reform, Abdulrasheed Maina, the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, the Head of Civil Service, Winifred Oyo-Ita, over pension fund administration.
2. The Government of Plateau, to enable resident welcome President Muhammadu Buhari, has declared Thursday, March 8, a public holiday, ahead of Mr. President’s visit to the State.
3. The Federal Government is set to prosecute tax offenders through special courts. Reportedly identifies 130,000 high profile tax evaders.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari in a recent statement says that the Boko Haram terrorist group that just recently abducted over 110 schoolgirls from the Government Science and Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe State, is no longer a serious fighting force.
5. Death toll in another fresh attack in Benue State by suspected Fulani herdsmen has reportedly risen to 26. Mass burial for victims will hold on Friday.
6. The official of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) who recently alleged that N36million was mysteriously swallowed by a snake, makes U-turn, says the money was collected by her superior and not a snake.
7. A Nigerian man identified as Tony Iwobi who is the chief immigration spokesman for the far-right league party, has been elected as the first black senator in Italy. Iwobi who was born in Gusau has been living in Italy since the 1970’s.
8. Mr. Osi Olisa, a Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) alleges that Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan willingly relinquished power to expose the weakness of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).