Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Wednesday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State on Tuesday during his visit to the Internally Displaced Persons who were forced to flee their homes following attacks by Fulani herdsmen, told his people to go back home and use stones to defend themselves because he was already tired of keeping IDPs in camps.
2. Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, the Minister of Finance, in a statement on Tuesday confirmed the repatriation of the sum of $322.5million as part of the funds looted by the late former military Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, to Nigeria by the Swiss Government.
3. The Minister of Transport, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, at the presentation of a book titled ‘Dignity in Service’ written by a late Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Matthew Mbu, revealed that he only earns N950,000 monthly from which N350,000 is for accommodation and the remaining N600,000 includes payments for his personal assistants.
4. The Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Dr. Ali Ahmad, on Tuesday accused the President Muhammadu Buhari’s led federal government of failing to show immediate response after the armed robbery attacks in Offa, where over 30 were reportedly killed. According to Ahmad who is apparently a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Buhari had bungled the anti-corruption war.
5. Following the declaration by President Muhammadu Buhari to contest the 2019 presidential election, the United Kingdom chapter of the All Progressives Congress, said it would pay for expression of interest and nomination form for Buhari to re-contest in 2019.
6. The national leadership of the ruling APC has reportedly written a letter to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on its plans to hold congresses and convention across the country before May 16, 2018.
7. The Ebonyi State chapter of All Progressives Congress on Tuesday visited the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Boss Mustapha, with a request that the federal government should caution the Governor of Ebonyi, David Umahi. According to Rev. Eze Nwachukwu, the Chairman of the state APC chapter, the governor engages in wanton destruction of properties belonging to APC members and brutalizing them.