Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers ????. Enjoy!
1. Mr. Yakubu Dogara, the Speaker of the National House of Representatives, calls for private sector participation to tackle housing deficit in Nigeria.
2. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has reportedly blast Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State over country home mansion when workers have not been paid salaries to feed.
3. The Appeal Court in Abuja has upturned the acquittal of Senate President Bukola Saraki by the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
4. The Olubadan of Ibadan Land, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji, has described the 21 Obas who threatened to dethrone him as the entertainers of the year.
5. The Federal Government on Tuesday arraigned Senator Isah Misau before Justice Anwuli Chikere of the Federal High Court in Abuja. But he was however granted bail on self recognition.
6. Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has reportedly appointed an All Progressives Congress (APC) Chieftain as commissioner.
7. Former Head of State General Yakubu Gowon, reportedly said that he regretted not using his power to allocate land for his personal use.
8. Chief John Oyegun, the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), tells the newly elected National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, that the two parties must work together.
9. Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State says that prompt payment of tax is effective vehicle for sustainable growth in Nigeria.
10. The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) may reportedly field Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State as presidential candidate in 2019.
11. The Former Governor of Rivers State and the current Minister of Transport, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, alleges that Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan wasted $65billion excess crude fund.
12. TSA: National House of Representatives query President Muhammadu Buhari’s exemption of N50billion NNPC accounts.
13. Diamond Bank and the National Youth Service Corps unveil portal for graduate employment.
14. Monarchs reportedly petitions President Muhammadu Buhari over the whereabouts of the father of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), whose whereabouts is also unknown.
15. National Assembly puts Lagos-Ibadan road reconstruction on hold, dumps N135billion request.