Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Wednesday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduja of Kano State who has been at loggerhead with his predecessor, former Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, said that he cannot allow him (Kwankwaso) to control him.
2. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in its reply to Governor Rochas Okorocha, who chose his son-in-law as his successor, says that Imo will not agree.
3. Prof. Wole Soyinka in a recent statement on Tuesday described President Muhammadu Buhari as someone in a trance, saying that he must wake up to the challenges destroying the nation.
4. The Speaker of the National House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, has warned that Nigeria must key into global changes or be left out. Dogara after visiting the abandoned Ajaokuta Steel Company in Kogi State also noted that there is no doubt to a foreigner that Nigeria is really a shit hole country.
5. The Nigerian Army shortly after defeating the Boko Haram terrorist group in their stronghold in Sambisa Forest, says that the leader of the sect. Abubakar Shekau is currently on the run dressed in blue or black hijab and woman clothes.
6. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State on Tuesday visited Ipao Ekiti, a community in Ikole Local Government Area of Ekiti State where suspected herdsmen allegedly killed a 32 year old farmer identified as Tunde Olayemi.
7. The National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Bola Tinubu, shortly after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday behind closed doors, advised former President Olusegun Obasanjo and former Head of State, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida (IBB), to join the retirees club and keep receiving their pensions.
8. Following a report that a snake at the office of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), swallowed N36million, Senator Shehu Sani on Tuesday stormed the JAMB headquarter with snake charmer.
9. The National House of Representatives issues a 48 hours ultimatum to the Nigeria Police to vacate the headquarters of the Peace Corps.
10. Controversial Senator of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Dino Melaye, tells the APC-led Federal Government that it cannot shut him up. Melaye has being having disagreements not only with the executives but also the governor of his state, Yahaya Bello.