Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) alleges that the Federal Government is building new prisons, plans to arrest its members in 2018.
2. Former Senate President David Mark in his response to the alleged Abuja mansion he reportedly acquired says that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is chasing shadows.
3. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says that the $1billion Excess Crude Oil Account fund approved for fighting Boko Haram is not just only for war against the Islamic terrorist group.
4. Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s Osun State reportedly received N6.3billion Paris refund, workers rejects half salary.
5. Ahead of 2019, Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, advises the Peoples Democratic Party National Working Committee on transparent primaries.
6. Governor Umar Ganduje of Kano State has reportedly ordered the reinstatement of the brother to the Deputy Governor of Kano as the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
7. Gunmen reportedly abducted monarch’s wife and principal in Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s local government area in Bayelsa State.
8. Governor Ayodele Fayose’s deputy has noted that ahead of the 2018 State Governorship election, rigging will be vehemently resisted.
9. Libya returnees: The Peoples Democratic Party blames Governor Godwin Obaseki for Edo domination.
10. Kogi West ahead of 2019 has adopted President Muhammadu Buhari and Governor Yahaya Bello.
11. The Government of Oyo State says that about 50% of the N7.9billion Paris Club refund received will go for payment of salaries.
12. Governor Ayodele Fayose opposes tenure extension of Service Chiefs, demands Ekiti State share of the Excess Crude Oil Account fund approved for fighting insurgents.