Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust & Thisday). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. President Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly nominated Mr. Anthony Ojukwu as the executive secretary of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC). Mr. President wrote the Senate for Ojukwu confirmation. “In accordance with provisions of Section 8 of the National Human Rights Commission Act 2010, I have the pleasure to present Mr. Anthony Okechuwku Ojukwu for confirmation as the Executive Secretary of the National Human Rights Commission by the Senate.” Buhari wrote.
2. Senator Ahmed Makarfi, the Chairman Peoples Democratic Party National Caretaker Committee, urges former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to take the PDP back to the Presidential Villa.
3. Former Minister of Finance, Dr. Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, confessed that her son almost died of typhoid fever.
4. Commuters groan in Lagos and Abuja as fuel scarcity reportedly worsens.
5. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State presents N98.6billion farewell budget of accomplishment to the Ekiti State House of Assembly for approval.
6. Court unfreezes 16 bank accounts belonging to the wife of Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Mrs. Dame Patience Jonathan.
7. Libya Slave Trade: Federal Government has reportedly identified 2,778 Nigerians in detention camps across Libya.
8. The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, alleges that 116,238 fictitious pensioners used to defraud Nigeria of N42billion.
9. Russia 2018: Minister of Sports, Simon Dalung, said that the Nigerian Government would send strong delegates.
10. Following Chief Olisa Metuh’s refusal to testify until Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan appears in court as witness, court insists he must call next witness for trial to continue pending when the Ex-President can appear.
11. The Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Oyegun, says that the defection of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will not affect the APC.
12. Senate summons the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Maikanti Baru, over fuel scarcity as fuel sells at N165 per litre.
13. Nigeria’s foreign reserve hit 3 years high at $38.2billion.
14. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo visits Numan, Adamawa State, vows to end farmer/herders men clashes.
15. Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, on Tuesday in Lagos, alleges that some people are trying to use him to start tribal war.