Good Day Nigeria! Here are a few of what you need to know this Friday ????. Enjoy!
1.Justice N.E Maha of the Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday rejected an application for an order directing the Nigeria Police to remove their operatives from the residence of Senator Dino Melaye in Abuja. Senator Melaye had through his lawyer, Mr. Nkem Okoro, of the Mike Ozekhome (SAN) law firm, filed a fundamental right enforcement suit to challenge the police siege at Melaye’s residence. The judge however rejected the application and granted an accelerated hearing in the main suit.
2. The National Leadership of the Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore Fulani has called on Nigerians to reject Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in next month’s general elections. Alhaji Bello Bodejo, the National President of Miyetti Allah, made the call at a news conference in Abuja on Thursday. “We totally condemn the desperate vituperation of Atiku for latching on the false Amnesty International report with the hope of garnering political capital from the farmers/herders conflict. We call on our members and peace-loving Nigerians not only to condemn him for the naked dance in the market place but to totally reject him as a presidential candidate. This is because his intentions are inimical to progress, development and peaceful coexistence of the country,” Bodejo said.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday while speaking during a meeting with the executive committee of the National Association of Nigerian Students at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, appealed to various labour unions in Nigeria to reduce their agitations and allow him concentrate on repairing damaged infrastructure in the country. “In three-and-a-half years, we have improved tremendously on what we met. We are trying to do infrastructure. No matter which part of the country you come from, you will see the efforts we are making in terms of roads; we are trying to fix rails, we are trying to do power, through the use of gas and solar. If you note what we have done in these three-and-a-half years, you will not regret voting this administration into power”, Mr. Femi Adesina, Buhari’s aide quoted Buhari.
4. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says that President Muhammadu Buhari led Federal Government are trying to impose an emergency rule in Zamfara and Katsina States in order to capture the two state ahead of the 2019 general elections. Atiku who spoke through his aide alleges that the call for a state of emergency in the states were desperation of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to capture the states in February election at all cost.
5. The Nigerian Air Force has confirmed that 5 crew members made up of 2 pilots and 3 personnel lost their lives following the crash of its combat helicopter fighting the Boko Haram insurgents on Wednesday in Damasak, Borno State, North East Nigeria. The heros includes; Flight Lieutenant Perowei Jacob, the pilot in command; Flight Lieutenant Kaltho Kilyofas, the co-pilot; Sergeant Auwal Ibrahim, a flight technician; Lance Corporal Adamu Nura, a gunner; and Aircraft Man Meshack Ishmael, also a gunner.
6. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, the presidential candidate of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN); others vehemently reject the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) appointment of Mrs. Amina Zakari, President Buhari’s niece, as chairman of National Collation Centre ahead of the 2019 general elections.