Good Morning Nigeria! Happy New Month! Here’s what you need to know this Friday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Ahead of the 2019 Presidential Election, high-level stakeholders opposed to the second term agenda of President Muhammadu Buhari have reportedly position their support towards 3 North-West politicians, Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso and former Minister of Special Duties, Turaki Tanimu. Kwankwaso and Tambuwal who are all members of the ruling APC must however decamp to another party to achieve their presidential ambition as Buhari is obviously going to emerge as the candidate of the APC.
2. In a response to the recent sentencing of a former Governor of Taraba State, Mr. Jolly Nyame, to 14 years in jail over a N1.6billion fraud, the presidency issued a warning to all corrupt politicians who think joining the ruling party would exempt them from punishment that, the APC is not a haven for criminals.
3. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has advised President Muhammadu Buhari not to take complete credit for the signing of the ‘Not Too Young to Run’ Bill into law. According to the opposition party, the law was initiated and sponsored by the members of the PDP in the National Assembly as well as State Assemblies.
4. The Dangote Foundation donated 150 fully kitted police cars to the Nigeria Police for operational purposes. The foundation also promises to donate another set of cars only if the current ones were managed properly. That I think could be a big problem considering our notorious facility maintenance culture in Nigeria.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari, Senate President Bukola Saraki, others mourns Mr. Gbadebowale Wayne Aboderin, the Chairman of Punch Nigeria Limited. Aboderin died at the age of 60 on Wednesday, May 30, 2018, around 6.05am after a heart surgery at the First Cardiology Consultants, Ikoyi, Lagos.