Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Friday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Prince Dayo Adeyeye, a former Minister of State for Works and a former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Caretaker Committee, following the outcome of the just concluded Ekiti State Governorship primary election, announced his resignation from the party over alleged irregularities. According to him, his major preoccupation was to scuttle the succession plan of Governor Ayodele Fayose. Adding that he had rejected offer dangled at him to nominate a deputy governor and a senator for Ekiti South. Adeyeye who got 770 votes lost to Fayose’s preferred candidate, Prof. Kolapo Olusola who got 1191 votes, at the primaries held on Tuesday.
2. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Coalition of Nigeria Movement (CNM) on Thursday officially adopted the African Democratic Party (ADP) ahead of the 2019 general election. Obasanjo is seriously working hard to kick out President Muhammadu Buhari’s ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) out of Aso Rock. According to him, the APC is taking Nigerians for fool. He further described the performance of the ruling party as disastrous and destabilizing.
3. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Thursday accused a former Governor of Oyo State, Chief Rashidi Ladoja, of selling Oyo shares at a discounted rate of N6.6billion without an executive resolution. The anti-graft further noted that about N1.9billion out of the proceeds of the shares was not remitted to the state account.
4. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in a recent statement issued on Thursday in Abuja, by the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Senator Sabi Aliyu-Abdullahi, said that the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, who has repeatedly ignored invitations by the red chamber, was afraid of his own shadow. The lawmakers had earlier declared the police IG as an enemy of democracy who is unfit to hold any public office.
5. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State in a recent statement revealed that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is now playing the kind of politics the former ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) plays. Rochas who is the Chairman of the APC Governors Forum stated this in Abuja at the official declaration of Ex-Governor Adams Oshiomhole for the Office of the APC National Chairman position.