Good Morning Nigeria! Here are a few of what you need to know this Monday morning????. Enjoy!
1.Senate President Bukola Saraki has lost his Senatorial seat to the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC). Saraki lost in all four Local Government Areas (Asa, Ilorin South, Ilorin East and Ilorin West) in his Kwara Central Senatorial District. The APC candidate polled 51, 531 while the Saraki polled 30,075.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), is so far leading former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in 11 local government areas already announced. Buhari has so far polled 362,337 votes against Atiku’s 254,909 votes. Buhari won 7 LGAs while Atiku has so far won 4 LGAs. Results of 12 LGAs are still being expected.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari has defeated former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to emerged winner in Osun State. Buhari got 347,674 votes against Atiku’s 337,377 votes. The incumbent president won 18 out of the 30 local government areas in the state, while Atiku won 12 LGAs.
4. Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar is currently leading in the already announced LGAs in Rivers State. Results for 9 LGAs had already been announced, and Atiku won in 8 out of the 9 LGAs, while Buhari won the other 1. Results from other LGAs are expected today.
5. The PDP Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abubakar, is currently leading in 13 out of the 16 Local Government Areas already announced in Imo State. Atiku so far got 185,709 votes against Buhari’s 92,702 votes. Results from 11 LGAs will be announced today.
6. Atiku Abubakar is currently leading in Oyo State. According to results from the 10 Local Government Areas already announced, Atiku won 9, while Buhari won 1. Atiku got 85,109 votes against President Buhari’s 79,802 votes from the 10 LGAs. There are 33 LGAs in the state, so results from 23 will be announced today.
7. Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu has emerged winner of his Enugu West Senatorial District for the fifth consecutive time. Ekweremadu who got 86,088 votes defeated his closest rival the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Juliet Ibekaku-Nwaugwu, who got 15,187 votes.
8. The Speaker of the National House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, won the Tafawa Balewa/Bogoro Federal Constituency election in Bauchi State. Dogara who is the PDP candidate got 73,609 votes to defeat the candidate of the APC, Dalhatu Kantana, who got 50,078 votes.