Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Sunday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the Social Democratic Party (SDP), the African Democratic Party (ADP) and 35 other political parties will reportedly hold talks for alliance to kick out President Muhammadu Buhari and the ruling All Progressives Congress in 2019. The Nigerian Intervention Movement headed by Dr. Olisa Agbakoba (SAN) and Dr. Abdujalil Tafawa-Balewa, is already discussing with former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Coalition of Nigeria Movement. The Obasanjo’s coalition had already adopted the ADP.
2. The Minister of Mines and Steel, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, emerged winner in the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship Primaries held on Saturday. Fayemi will face his biggest rival Prof. Olusola Kolapo who is Governor Ayodele Fayose’s deputy. Fayose is the man who defeated Fayemi in 2014 when he was the incumbent governor of Ekiti State.
3. Federal Government has reportedly saved N128billion in bank charges so far through the Treasury Single Account. When President Buhari came into office, he ordered the closure of all government accounts in commercial banks and directed all federal payments into the TSA.
4. It appear former Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole, will emerge the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) by consensus. However, if the option for consensus fails, election would be the next option.
5. Senator Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), in a recent statement said that the state congresses of the party were disrupted by those who still sought to impose their will on the majority.
6. The Nigerian Government has reportedly paid 14 whistleblowers the sum of N439.3billion in hard currency as rewards for the recovery of several billions of Naira and millions in foreign currencies. The FG had introduced the whistleblower policy as a way of encouraging people to provide tips on stolen funds to anti-graft agencies for a percentage of the recovered loot.