Good Morning Nigeria! Here are a few of what you need to know this Sunday morning????. Enjoy!
1.The National Leader of the ruling APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, delivered his own Polling Unit 047, Ward 3, at Sunday Adigun, Alausa, in Ikeja to President Muhammadu Buhari and the APC. Buhari got 121 votes to defeat Atiku who got 53 votes. In the Senatorial election, APC polled 134 votes to defeat PDP, which polled 46 votes, while the House Representatives election saw APC securing 124 votes against PDP 45.
2. The Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, defeated President Muhammadu Buhari of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) at the polling unit of the APC Lagos governorship candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu. Atiku got 52 votes to defeat Buhari who got 48 votes at Femi Okunnu Polling Unit, Lateef Jakande, Ikoyi.
3. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), defeated President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa Polling Centre in Abuja. Atiku got 1,030 votes to defeat Buhari who got 1,013 votes in the polling centre. There are two polling units in the Presidential Villa Polling Centre; PU 021, the PDP got 505 while the APC got 548, whereas, for PU 022, the PDP polled 525 against APC’s 465. For the Senate, PDP got a total of 1,081 in the two units as against APC’s 1,008. For the House of Representatives, PDP also won the polling centre scoring a total of 1,046 to APC’s 995.
4. Senate President Bukola Saraki won his own polling unit in Kwara State. Saraki got 219 votes against APC 68 votes for the presidential election held at Polling Unit 005 Agbaji Quarters, Ajikobi Ward. For the Senate and House of Representatives Respectively he also delivered for his party the PDP; Senate: APC 60, PDP 269; Reps: APC 53, PDP 253.
5. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced that fresh polls might be conducted in certain areas where elections did not hold at all and areas where elections was disrupted due to violence. Mr. Festus Okoye, the National Commissioner and Chairman Voters Education and Publicity Committee of INEC, said that; the Commission has also received a report of violence and ballot box snatching in some areas leading to the disruption of the process. We have asked the Resident Electoral Commissioners and officers of the Commission on the ground to submit their first-hand report in relation to some of these incidents. We are still receiving reports of incidents in some states of the federation. “So long as the Commission didn’t deploy in these areas, the implications is that voting didn’t open in these areas and the Commission will hold consultations with the relevant authorities and the REC in relation to those areas and will announce when polls will take place in these areas, especially as regards to the areas that may be affected with regards to House of Representatives and senatorial elections. In relation to the issues of the burning of election materials, we have reports of some of these incidents in Anambra and as I pointed out, we have reports in Rivers, Lagos and we have reports in some of the other states,” he said.
6. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, lost his polling unit, Ajiya unit 02 in Gwadabawa Ward in Yola North Local Government Area of Adamawa State to President Muhammadu Buhari. Atiku got 167 votes behind President Buhari’s 186 votes.
7. The opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has accused the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) of killing Nigerians in Rivers State, snatching and burning ballot boxes in Lagos State during the Saturday Presidential and National Assembly Elections. The PDP alleged that unleashing of violence is the major script of the ruling party to intimidate Nigerians and disrupt the election, in their bid to enforce the already failed President Muhammadu Buhari.
8. The Kano State Police Command on Friday confirmed that it arrested Hon. Abdulmumini Jibrin, the member representing Kiru/Bebeji Federal Constituency in the National House of Assembly over Thursday’s clash between supporters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and those of the All Progressives Congress (APC). The politician was arrested over his involvement in the political violence which resulted to the death of about 2 persons in Kofa town in Kiru/Bebeji Federal Constituency of Kano State.
9. President Muhammadu Buhari defeated former Vice President Atiku Abubakar at the polling unit of former President Olusegun Obasanjo in Abeokuta. Buhari of the APC got 87 votes to defeat Atiku who got 18 votes. Obasanjo had rejected Buhari and declared his support for Atiku who was his former deputy to win the election. He was however unable to deliver his own polling unit to his anointed candidate.
10. Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, PDP Presidential Candidate, won the polling unit of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, President Muhammadu Buhari’s running mate in the 2019 presidential election. For the presidential election, the PDP polled 425 votes while the APC had 229. For the senatorial election, the PDP had 414 votes while the APC had 261. For the House of Representatives election, the PDP had 268 while the APC had 190 votes.