Good Morning Nigeria! Here are a few of what you need to know this Thursday morning ????. Enjoy!
1. Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State in his reaction to the statement by Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State over an alleged import of people from Niger Republic for the PDP North-West campaign rally held on Monday in Sokoto, said that the massive crowd at the rally was instilling fear in the minds of El-Rufai and his cohorts. “What scared El-Rufai and his co-travellers was the success recorded at the Sokoto PDP campaign rally. The Sokoto gathering no doubt instilled fear in the minds of El-Rufai and his cohorts so much that in their wildest imagination their party, the APC will fight it impossible to record a replica of such mammoth crowd in any state of the North West including El-Rufai’s own state of Kaduna,” he said.
2. Ex-Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State reportedly escaped death on Wednesday as he was involved in a road crash on the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos. His aide Lere Olayinka however noted that he was in a stable condition. “He is in stable condition as I write while he is receiving medical attention,” Mr. Olayinka said. “Nobody sustained injuries. The governor’s car only had minor damage. He is already on his way to Ibadan for the Peoples Democratic Party presidential campaign rally for the South West billed for tomorrow (Thursday),” his Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi said.
3. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Wednesday during the PDP North-Central campaign rally said that all steps taken by the ruling All Progressives Congress had since 2015 ended in failure. “In 2015, the APC promised us security which they failed to provide. They promised us food on our table, but today we are hungry. They promised us good health facility and adequate supply of drugs in our hospitals which they failed to do. They promised to fight corruption but worsen the system. Every step they take is a failure. In terms of corruption, they are the worst; in the provision of security, they have failed; they failed to create jobs for our teeming youths and today, inflation has taken over. In 2014, Hajj fare was N600,000 but in 2018, it has jumped to N1.5m, food prices have gone up and they continue to tell the people of this country lies,” Atiku said.
4. Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), on Wednesday while receiving the APC women leaders from Edo State and the Federal Capital Territory in Abuja said that, the APC will win Imo and Ogun States with or without the support of the state governors, Rochas Okorocha and Ibikunle Amosun. He added that many of the APC governors are behind the current APC leadership.
5. Bishop David Oyedepo, the founder of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, on Tuesday while delivering his message at the Faith Tabernacle during the opening session of the 20th Shiloh programme, said that Nigeria and Africa shall be delivered from the grip of economic hardship and oppression. “Africa shall be delivered; Nigeria shall be delivered! Every occult power that holds sway on the continent of Africa shall be messed up this year!,” he said.
6. Mr. Ibrahim Magu, the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), while speaking on Tuesday with journalists at the EFCC office in Ikoyi, Lagos State, said that politicaisn planning to use the electioneering season to launder money and move funds out of the country should be prepared to meet frustration as all loopholes for illicit cash flow had been blocked.