Good Morning Nigeria! Here are a few of what you need to know this Thursday morning????. Enjoy!
1.The Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, has stated that the decision to support the governorship candidate of the African Action Congress, Biokpomabo Awara, is because the party fits into the quest of the All Progressives Congress to give Rivers people justice. “This morning, the leadership of the party met and agreed that we would work with a party called the African Action Congress, while we are still in court to reclaim our mandate. So, on Saturday, we will vote for the AAC. You must go home and vote for the AAC. There should be no excuse not to vote because there will be security for everybody. You must prepare and make sure you win the governorship election,” Amaechi said.
2. The President Election Petitions Tribunal on Wednesday granted the request of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, to order the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to allow them inspect the February 23 presidential election materials. The Justice Abdul Aboki led three-man panel however rejected the other requests of allowing them make photocopy, scan the electoral documents, access the card reader data and other detailed contained in the card reader, cloud and electronic storage used for the polls.
3. The Buhari Media Organisation (BMO) has said that former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s statement that he will continue to criticize President Muhammadu Buhari is a confirmation that he pre-election criticism was fuelled by ego. Obasanjo had on Tuesday during his 82nd Birthday in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State, said that he is Buhari’s boss and he would not stop criticizing the president until he do the right thing.
4. The Federal High Court in Jalingo, the capital of Taraba State, on Wednesday disqualified the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Alhaji Sani Danladi, from contesting the forthcoming election. Justice Steven Pam ruled that there were discrepancies in the age declaration of the APC candidate. The petitioner had approached the court to stop Danladi from contesting the election because he falsified his age.
5. The Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has distanced himself from the GoFundMe account setup by his apparent supporters to assist his election petitions. Phrank Shaibu, Atiku’s Special Assistant on Public Communications and Strategy, said; “We do not know anything about it. We are not in any way connected to it but we consider it as a purely private initiative of the promoters.”
6. Three persons were reportedly injured on Tuesday evening as explosion rock the campaign of the All Progressives Congress (APC), along Four Lane Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Report has it that the incident occurred around 7:30pm when some gunmen arrived the venue of the campaign and threw explosives at the supporters of the APC. The APC in its reaction said; “This is another in the series of cowardly attempts at intimidating and cowing our party, the APC, and its supporters in the build-up to the March 9, 2019 governorship election in the state. The attack at the campaign office is a confirmation of earlier intelligence received by our party of the likely attempt by the PDP to truncate the March 9, 2019 governorship polls in the state.