Good Morning Nigeria! Here are a few of what you need to know this Tuesday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Senator Oluremi Tinubu, the lawmaker representing Lagos Central Senatorial District, has expressed the belief that President Muhammadu Buhari will work hard to ensure that Nigerian has a better Senate in the 9th Assembly. According to Tinubu, some members of the National Assembly are out to frustrate Buhari’s programmes. “I believe the President would have learnt a thing or two because when he came in, he said ‘I belong to everybody and belong to nobody.’ But I know by now that he knows those people that belong to him. What I am saying is not to take the President’s comment for granted, but now, I am sure he knows that some Nigerians are very dangerous to his decisions, even moving forward. The President should know those who are his own by now. It is a lesson to him and I know that he would fight to ensure that we have a better Senate in the 9th Assembly, not what we have now with a set of people who are frustrating his efforts. I do not think he would want to go through that route again,” she said.
2. Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State on Monday declared that he would work against his party’s Ogun State Governorship Candidate, Dapo Abiodun, in the forthcoming 2019 election. Amosun who is the APC Senatorial Candidate for the Ogun Central Senatorial District, noted that he will however remain in the APC to contest his senatorial seat and to ensure President Muhammadu Buhari wins in Ogun State. “I remain in the APC because that’s what those people want. They want us to leave the APC but they are joking. I will stay in the APC to ensure that (President Muhammadu) Buhari wins in Ogun State and to let them know that they can’t subvert the will of the people of Ogun State. Every day, I will campaign for President Muhammadu Buhari, we will do everything possible to ensure Buhari wins massively in Ogun State, but they should not miss it. I , Senator Ibikunle Amosun, will not support anyone (Dapo Abiodun) they are bringing,” he said.
3. A lady identified as Amina Mohammed, who also parade herself as Justina Onuoha, has been arrested by the Department of State Services (DSS) for allegedly breaching the security at the Presidential Villa and gaining entrance into the villa claiming to be the First Lady of Kogi State. “Amina Mohammed also known as Justina Oluoha, Amina Villa, had on the November 22, 2017, paraded herself as the First Lady of Kogi State; she used the false identity to invade protocol and scrutiny thus gaining unauthorised access into the Villa and particularly the residence of the First Lady and Wife of the President, Hajia Aisha Buhari,” Peter Afunanya, the DSS spokesman, said.
4. The Lagos State Police Command have reportedly arrested a popular hiphop artise, Adekunle Temitope (aka Small Doctor), for alleged possession of firearms and indiscriminate shooting. According to the Lagos State Police Commissioner, Edgal Imohimi, who paraded the suspect, Small Doctor fired shot indiscriminately and also threatened to shoot a police officer on duty. “It was alleged that four unknown men, in an unregistered green SUV, had brought out a gun and threatened a policeman that if he did not leave the road, they would shoot him. Believing that they were armed robbers, I sent out my men and fortunately the men, with the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Shogunle Division, were able to intercept the vehicle and the suspects were arrested and brought down to the headquarters for interrogation,” the police commissioner said.
5. Four members of the Bauchi State House of Assembly, including the Deputy Speaker of the House, Abdulmumini Fanti, have dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Peoples Redemption Party (PRP). Two senatorial and two House of Representative aspirants also dumped the ruling party. “We defected along with 300,000 supporters to the PRP to salvage the state from the APC,” Mr. Abdullahi Shehu, one of the defectors, said while speaking with journalists.