Good Morning Nigeria! Here are a few of what you need to know this Tuesday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Monday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with other political parties including the newly formed Reformed All Progressives Congress (R-APC), the Social Democratic Party (SDP), African Democratic Party (ADP), All Grand Alliance Party (APGA), Labour Party (LP), and over 30 others to field a single presidential candidate in 2019. The parties collectively agreed to work together ahead of the 2019 election. “The parties shall ensure that the coalition is committed to working together in support of the single presidential candidate to contest the 2019 President election in order to successfully enthrone a true democrat who will salvage the nation from the misrule of the APC government,” the MoU stated.
2. Former Deputy Governor of Ondo State, Alhaji Lasisi Oluboyo, said that his daughter, Khadijat, whose dead body was recently discovered under her boyfriends bed in his room, was used for ritual. “Somebody called us that she was missing on Monday, July 2, 2018, and we got in touch with her friends in school. I had sent her money on previous Friday; the usual thing is that when she got bank alert, she would call me back to thank me. But I did not get any response from her that day,” he said.
3. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Monday decided to stop by at the rally of one of the governorship aspirants under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ogun State, Oladipupo Adebutu. The rally was held within the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library. The former President who drop down from his car however told the supporters that he was just passing by and decided to wish them well. “I am just passing by and decided to say hello and wish you well,” he said.
4. Mrs. Adeyemi Adenike, the NYSC Director of Press and Public Relations, on Monday while speaking to the press over the alleged forgery of an NYSC Exemption Certificate by the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, said that the minister actually applied for an Exemption, but investigation on the origin of the current Exemption Certificate she uses would be carried out. “Our attention had been drawn to the issue of the alleged forgery of an NYSC Exemption Certificate by the Honourable Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun. Checking our records, Mrs. Adeosun did apply for an Exemption Certificate. We shall investigate the origin of the purported Exemption Certificate in question. Thank you,” Adeyemi said.
5. The members of the National Assembly under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday rejected the position of the Arewa Youth Forum that President Muhammadu Buhari should not seek reelection in 2019 over his alleged inability to stop the killings by suspected herdsmen in the cross. The Lawmakers from the North-West region had on Sunday in a gathering declared their support for Buhari come 2019. The Arewa Youth in a prompt response however said that Buhari must forget his 2019 ambition due to his inability to stop killings across the nation.