Good Morning Nigeria! Here are a few of what you need to know this Wednesday morning ????. Enjoy!
1.Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has urged Nigerians to appreciate the efforts and achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari and re-elect him in 2019. According to Tinubu, Buhari had built foundation for growth and safety nets for the masses. “Let us recognise that which has been done this past year. President Buhari has built a foundation for sustainable growth and development, a path for a better future. President Buhari has brought transparency and accountability to the government business,” Tinubu said, adding that voting for the APC will move the country forward.
2. Air Marshal Sadiq Abubakar, the Chief of Air Staff, in his New Year message to troops admitted that 2018 was a challenging year for the Nigerian military. He revealed that experienced and skilled fighters of the Islamic State terrorist dislodged from Syria had relocated to the North-East of Nigeria. “The out-gone year 2018 was indeed marked by both challenges and opportunities; however, the NAF, with the vital support of all stakeholders, was able to exploit the opportunities while overcoming the challenges encountered along the way. In the fight against the Boko Haram, we saw the emergence of new tactics as well as the introduction of highly experienced and skilled fighters and technology, as ISIS elements, dislodged from Syria, relocated to the North-East of our country. Our fighter and helicopter gunship pilots are adapting creditably to these emerging nuances and making good progress, despite the recent setbacks,” he said.
3. Dr. Chris Ngige, the Minister of Labour and Employment, on Tuesday at the Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Office in Awka, the capital of Anambra State, said that he is the prophet sent to liberate the Igbos from the political stranglehold of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). “I’m a prophet the Igbo should listen to. I said it in 2015 and I am saying it again to Ndigbo that Buhari will win the 2019 presidential election convincingly,” he told APC members who he gave over 4,000 bags of rice and 4,000 cartons of tomatoes.
4. Mrs. Aisha Buhari, the wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, has been appointed the chairperson of the All Progressives Congress Women and Youths Presidential Campaign team for the 2019 election. Mrs. Dolapo Osinbajo, the wife of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, was also appointed the co-chairperson of the campaign team which will be inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari on January 3 at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
5. Prince Uche Secondus, the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in his New Year message issued on Tuesday in Abuja said that voting decisions of Nigerians in the 2019 general elections will determine the future of the country. According to him, Nigerians should see the 2019 election as the restoration year for the country. “The general election in the country this year 2019 provides ample opportunity for the country to be rescued and restored as the biggest black nation in the world both economically and politically. This year provides us the ground to save our democracy and the country from the comatose state misrule has placed it,” he said.
6. The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has accused the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of causing insecurity in Nigeria and propagating falsehood. APC noted that the grand plot of the PDP was to create an atmosphere similar to 2014 and 2015 when terrorists seized parts of the country and hoisted their flags, saying that Nigerians must reject PDP in the 2019 general elections. The statement was issued on Tuesday by Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, the APC National Publicity Secretary.