Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Wednesday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information and Culture, on Tuesday in Oyo, while inspecting the 52kilometre dualised Oyo-Ogbomosho road project, said that the 2019 re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari All Progressives Congress (APC) led government will be very easy. The administration “is so confident of its re-election in 2019 because of what are being delivered in terms of infrastructure and social welfare,” he said.
2. The Nigeria Police says that the main man among the thugs who invaded the National Assembly few weeks ago and stole the mace during Senate Plenary is yet to be arrested. Habu Sani, a Commissioner of Police, stated this on Tuesday when he appeared before the National Assembly Ad-Hoc Committee investigating the incident.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday while speaking when he received a delegation of the Buhari Support Organisation, attacked former Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, and Goodluck Jonathan. Says they lacked imagination and wasted public funds during the 16 years of their rule. Buhari in an apparent reference to Obasanjo said that the railway “was killed and one of the former Heads of State between that time was bragging that he spent more than 15 billion American dollars, not Naira, on power. Where is the power? Where is the power? And now we have to pay the debts.”
4. President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday met some senators who were delegated over the issue and accusation of Senate President Bukola Saraki against the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris. Saraki had accused the Police IG Idris of plotting to use some criminals from his home state, Kwara, to frame him. The senators were led by the Senate Leader, Ahmad Lawan, to the Presidential Villa where the meeting took place behind closed doors.
5. Mr. Hameed Ali, the Comptroller General of the Nigeria Customs Service, while enumerating what he called the achievements of the present administration in agriculture when led members of the Buhari Support Organisation to the Presidential Villa, said that only lazy Nigerians would claim to be hungry under Buhari’s government.