Good Morning Nigeria! Here are few stories you need to know this Tuesday morning. Enjoy!
1. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has berated the presidency over its claim that the Federal Government has gazetted land in all the 36 states of the federation.
Naija Buzz News had published a statement issued by Mr. Garba Shehu, President Muhammadu Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, who noted that state governors especially from the southern parts of Nigeria were deliberately misleading the public on the proposed Ruga herdsmen settlement by the federal government.
However, Ortom, in a statement through his media aide, condemned Mr. Garba’s statement over the federal government having gazetted lands in all the state.
He consequently challenged the federal government to show any proof of the gazetted land in Benue State. Read the full report on Naija Buzz News
2. The South-East Governors Forum has condemned the claim by the Federal Government, saying that there is no gazetted land in the zone for Ruga Settlement, cattle colonies or any nomenclature the federal government desires to call it.
Naija Buzz News had on Monday published a report by the Governors in the South-East regarding the FG proposed Ruga settlement.
The South-East Governors Forum in its latest reaction to the Ruga settlement issue berated the presidency over the alleged gazetted land, saying that except if there is any other Igbo land known to the federal government, but Enugu, Anambra, Abia, Imo and Ebonyi States had not given any land for Ruga settlement to the Federal Government.
3. Dr. Kayode Fayemi, the Governor of Ekiti State, has vowed that nobody would come from outside to take any land in Ekiti State.
“Nobody is coming to take our land in Ekiti. The Governor of Ekiti State has power over the land of Ekiti and it is the person that the governor gives land in Ekiti that can use the land of Ekiti,” the governor stated when he paid a condolence visit to the Orin Ekiti community over the murder of a hunter, Emmanuel Ilori.
“If there are negative comments being peddled around that some people are coming to take over Ekiti land, they are mere hearsay. It cannot happen in Ekiti, except I am no longer the Governor of Ekiti State and there is nobody that can be governor in Ekiti that will cede Ekiti land to outsiders because our land is not even enough for us,” he added. Read the full story on Naija Buzz News
4. Ex-Senate President Bukola Saraki has responded to the alleged desire and commitment of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to find incriminating evidence against him.
Naija Buzz News had published how the EFCC stated that it would investigate Saraki’s tenure as Governor of Kwara State from 2003 – 2011 and also how the anti-graft commission requested for all contracts documents at the senate under the leadership of the Ex-Senate President.
Saraki however in his response to the EFCC said that the anti-graft is on a wild goose chase because it cannot find anything against him. Read his statement as published on Naija Buzz News
5. Rt. Rev. Johnson Ekwe, the Anglican Bishop of Niger West Diocese, Anambra State, has vehemently condemned some of President Muhammadu Buhari’s actions, saying that they are unfair to the Igbo’s.
According to the bishop, the Buhari led government embarked on deliberate policies to suppress the Igbo.
The Bishop who spoke at the third synod of the diocese held at Immanuel Church, Umueri, Anambra East Local Government Area of Anambra State, further noted that the president was “doing everything possible to make Ndigbo vulnerable and irrelevant ever in the affairs of the country.” Read More