Good Morning Nigeria! Here are few stories you need to know this Wednesday morning. Enjoy!
1. President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday submitted his asset declaration forms to the Code of Conduct Bureau. The form was set for public officers to make their end of tenure declaration.
Buhari in his form claimed that he had no new properties than the assets which he had declared in 2015 during the beginning of his first term as president.
“The forms, as signed by the President and sworn to before a Judge of Abuja High Court, showed no significant changes in assets as declared in 2015 by him.
“There are no new houses, no new bank accounts at home and abroad and there are no new shares acquired,” the presidency said on Wednesday.
2. Senator Lawal Shuaibu, the Deputy National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), on Tuesday demanded for the resignation of the National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole.
According to Shuaibu, Oshiomhole has no required capabilities or experience to run a political party, saying that APC which controlled 23 states in 2015 lost 7 in 2019 elections.
He also accused Oshiomhole of running the APC like a private business without consulting the National Working Committee before taking important decisions. Naija Buzz published details of the leaked letter on Tuesday.
3. Chief Ayo Adebanjo, one of the leaders of the apex Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, in an interview with Punch said that President Muhammadu Buhari is not running a democratic government, but imperialism.
According to Adebanjo, there is no democracy when you disobey the rule of law. There is no democracy when you disobey court orders.
He cited the continued incarceration of former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd); and the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky.
4. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Tuesday arrested one Murtala Muhammad who alleged to be the brother of Prof. Abdullahi Shinkafi, the Secretary to the State Government of Zamfara.
His arrested came following an intelligence report of suspicious money laundering activities.
“Items recovered from him at the point of arrest include one black Toyota Prado with registration number DKA 67 PX – Kaduna, loaded with four bags of ‘Ghana-must-go’ bags containing N1,000 notes of N15m each, totaling N60m,” the EFCC revealed in a statement issued by Tony Orilade, the Acting Head, Media and Publicity,” Read More
5. The out-going Governor of Ogun State, Ibikunle Amosun, on Tuesday boasted that he performed better than two ex governors of the state, Gbenga Daniel and Olusegun Osoba.
“I am not the first governor; particularly, let us talk about the last two.
“Let us leave all the military administrators and take Chief Osoba and Daniel.
“Put them together and let them point to their projects. Once they say this is our project, I will show them 10. Even in Ijebu and Yewa, I will show them,” he said while inaugurating a housing scheme in Isheri.