Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a great weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy news on Nigerian Tribune Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Nigerian Tribune????. Enjoy!
1. Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State said that Fela Anikulapo Kuti used music to fight for liberation of the masses.
2. Southern leaders have condemned President Muhammadu Buhari’s instruction to World Bank to focus on northern Nigeria. The reaction came following the revelation by the President of World Bank regarding the request to the Bank by President Buhari to shift all focus to the northern part of Nigeria.
3. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says that there was no $25billion contract awarded by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), adding that the $25billion values in Dr. Ibe Kachikwu’s letter to President Muhammadu Buhari does not exist.
4. The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, has appointed the National Coordinator of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) Gani Adams, as the 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland.
5. The Speaker of the National House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, said that weak and underfunded security agencies cannot protect Nigeria.
6. Former Minister of Finance, Dr. Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, tells International Monetary Fund (IMF) to beware of Nigeria’s fraudulent anti-corruption civil society groups.