Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a great weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy news on Nigerian Tribune Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Nigerian Tribune????. Enjoy!
1. Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State on Independence Day urged everyone who is calling for Nigeria’s disintegration to have a rethink. He added that the country’s unity was required to address current challenges.
2. Mr. Seyi Makinde,a governorship aspirant under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says that he will still remaining in the PDP if he fails to secure Oyo State governorship ticket for 2019 election. “If I don’t get the governorship ticket of the PDP for 2019 election, I will remain in the party. Put it down in your record. The suffering of the people of the state is far beyond me as a person.
3. The Eastern Consultative Assembly (ECA) faults President Muhammadu Buhari’s Independence Day speech, says that Buhari has confirmed that he is light years behind global trends and far away from the political reality of the Nigerian situation.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari on Independence Day canceled celebration in Abuja to spend time with troops who are fighting the Boko Haram terrorist group in Maiduguri, Borno State.
5. Pan-Yoruba Social-Political Group, Afenifere, urges President Muhammadu Buhari to engage and commence the process of Nigeria’s restructuring without further delay.