Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a great weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Nigerian Tribune Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Nigerian Tribune????. Enjoy!
1. Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has decried recent statement issued by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo that he released the sum of N100billion and $295million in cash within two weeks of the 2015 general election. According to Jonathan, Osinbajo lied against him.
2. Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, the Minister Finance, on Sunday said that the Federal Government had taken steps to reset the economy for the benefit of citizens. She noted that the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration is laying foundation for the kind of economic growth that makes a real impact in the lives of citizens.
3. Rauf Aregbesola, the Governor of Osun State, said that the activities of oil thieve during the administration of Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan wrecked the economy which eventually led to the country’s recession.
4. Justice Rilwan Aikawa of the Federal High Court in Ikoyi Lagos on Friday ordered the President of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Bukola Saraki, and the Speaker of the National House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, to account for the spending of N500billion as running cost for the National Assembly between 2006 and 2016.
5. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said that Nigeria is faced with many challenges that must be addressed line by line with the Bible. He noted that only careful plans can solve Nigeria’s problems.