Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a great weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Nigerian Tribune Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Nigerian Tribune????. Enjoy!
1. Some leaders in the Niger Delta region have blamed the Federal Government for the new threat issued by the fierce Niger Delta Avengers to resume attack on oil facilities in the region. The militants had on Friday announced its plans to resume attack on oil facilities, warning that this time it would be even bloody.
2. Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, said that those responsible for the devaluing of naira in the last few years will be arrested. He reportedly added that the tide would turn in favour of the naira currency and it would become powerful again.
3. The Federal Government has reportedly begun secret moves that will see some online newspapers, blogs and websites perceived to constitute threat to national security permanently shut down.
4. The Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday released the list of Mr. President’s appointments to further debunk a media report that the president’s 100 appointees are northerners.
5. The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, on Sunday, revealed that the federal government has commenced the investigation of 800,000 registered companies in the country over non-payment of tax.