Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top 4 buzzy news on Nigerian Tribune Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Nigerian Tribune????. Enjoy!
1. President Donald J. Trump has sacked Nigerian born International CEO, Adebayo Ogunlesi, who was a member of the Strategic and Policy Forum advising the United States President. Ogunlesi was sacked alongside other CEOs advising the president as he announced the dissolution of two business advisory councils (The Manufacturing Jobs Initiative Council and the Strategic and Policy Forum)
2. The Ogun State Police Command has apprehended Pastor Samuel Babatunde, the founder of Cherubim and Seraphim Church, Itedo Isinmi, Ayo Parish, in Iyesi Area of Sango-Ota, in connection with suspected human parts buried in his church. The pastor was arrested alongside a 32 year old serial killer suspect, Jeremiah Adeola, and 43 year old herbalist, Haruna Afolabi.
3. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State says that the attack on the #ResumeOrResign, #OurMumuDonDo protesters is the highest form of dictatorship by the All Progressives Congress (APC) government.
4. The University of Jos has reportedly joined the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU). The university could not join the strike on Monday due to its first semester examination which ended on Tuesday. The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, had on Wednesday after the Federal Executive Council meeting admitted that the Federal Government fail to fulfill its own part of an agreement with ASUU in 2016.
5. Around 5am on Wednesday morning, gunmen attacked the Abuja office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). Although nobody was attacked, the gunmen however left a letter behind. The letter was addressed to the head of Foreign Exchange Malpractices Fraud Section, Ishaku Sharu.