Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Nigerian Tribune Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Nigerian Tribune????. Enjoy!
1. Federal Government alleges that the Indigenous People of Biafra gets funding from foreign countries and its headquarter where money comes from is in France. The government also accused the British Government of frustrating efforts to shutdown Radio Biafra.
2. The Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Adetunji, has reportedly sued the Governor of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi, and 23 others over installation of new kings in Oyo State.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari reportedly approved the proscription of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). Yesterday, an Abuja Federal High Court proscribed the group.
4. The Borno State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) says that it doesn’t want the sacked Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, in their party. “Secondly, the Borno State chapter of the APC is currently at peace, with no crisis whatsoever. This is because of the excellent leadership provided by the Governor of the State, His Excellency Kashim Shettima, which has allowed the party to bloom. We are wary of anyone joining the party, who is likely change this situation for the worse,” Maina Bashir and Abdullahi Mala, chairman and secretary of Borno APC state.
5. Mr. Peter Obi, a former Governor of Anambra State, on Wednesday, said that he left no debt for his successor who is the current governor of the state, Willie Obiano. “It is on record in this country, it is documented and I can prove it with every clear documented evidence that when I left office, I left over N25 billion in local investment for Anambra State. I left over N25 billion in cash at the banks, and I left $156 million in the bank in Nigeria. Do you think anybody can leave such money and then go to tell the person he’s handing over to give him N7 billion, when I left over N75 billion?