Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Nigerian Tribune Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Nigerian Tribune????. Enjoy!
1. Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, the Governor of Osun State, has reportedly signed an agreement worth $600million with a Chinese firm, Jiangsu Wuxi Taihu Cocoa Food Company Limited, on the establishment of Industrial Park in the state.
2. Nasarawa State Governor, Tanko Almakura, has presented a budget proposal of N122.8billion to the State House of Assembly for passage. According to him, the 2018 budget is centered on the completion of all on-going projects started by his administration.
3. On Wednesday, the National House of Assembly vehemently condemned the modern day slavery currently going on in Libya, North Africa. The ugly incident where Nigerians and other Africans were being sold as slave for $400 was exposed few weeks ago by CNN.
4. Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, the Minister of Finance, on Wednesday suspended the Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Mounir H. Gwarzo and two other management staff of the commission over alleged financial impropriety.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari may have hinted about his intentions to contest the 2019 presidential election. Buhari who was with Bola Tinubu, Governors Udom Emmanuel and Mohammed Abubakar of Akwa Ibom and Bauchi states respectively, apologized to the Nigerian Community in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, for keeping them waiting. His words; “First, I want to apologize for keeping you for too long seating. This is because I insisted on the governors attending this meeting. “This is why I came along with them so that when we are going to meet you, when you are going to meet the rest of Nigerians, if you tell them that their governors were in the company of the president, I think that will be another vote for me the future. I’m very pleased that they were able to turn up.”