Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy news on Nigerian Tribune Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Nigerian Tribune????. Enjoy!
1. Shettima Yerima, the Leader of the Coalition of Northern Group (CNG), said that the reason for the quit notice ultimatum issued to the Igbos residing in the north was because of the frequent calls for division by the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
2. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo in Minna, the capital of Niger State, on Monday disclosed how former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, and others conspired to make him president from prison in 1999.
3. In a statement issued on Monday as a response to Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s speech at the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Convention held last Saturday, the presidency says that Jonathan has nothing to show as achievement.
4. Edo State House of Assembly impeaches speaker, elects its 4th speaker in just 2 years.
5. The Minister of Power Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, said that the Federal Government has given state governments autonomy to produce its own power as a way to ensure improved power supply in Nigeria.