Tribune Newspaper

Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Headlines (Wednesday, 23 August 2017 Edition)

President Muhammadu Buhari

Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Nigerian Tribune Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Nigerian Tribune????. Enjoy!

1. President Muhammadu Buhari’s aide, Mr. Garba Shehu, during an interview of BBC, said that Mr. President will work from home because rats damaged his office after he left Nigeria for 3 months on medical leave in London, United Kingdom. According to him, Buhari’s office needs renovation after rates damaged the furniture and air conditioning system, adding that Buhari has a well equipped office at home.

2. Oba Saliu Adetunji, the Olubadan of Ibadan, has described the outcome of the Judicial Commission of Inquiry set up to review the existing 1957 Declaration of Olubadan of Ibadanland and other related chieftaincies in Ibadanland, by the Oyo State Government, as a joke carried too far. Noting that, it is not the duty of the state government to spearhead the review, but rather the duty of the Olubadan sitting council to review what they want and table it to the state government for approval.

READ OUR POST:  Nigerian Newspapers Review (Thursday, 06 December, 2018 Edition)

3. The crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Kwara State chapter, reportedly deepened as the move by the Senator Ahmed Makarfi led National Caretaker Committee to reconcile the two (2) factional leaders Iyiola Oyedepo and Sunday Fagbemi failed.

4. The Ijaw Youth Council has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to rise above politicking, and begin to address national challenges as a statesman. Frank Omare, the IYC Faction leader urged Mr. President to give room for opposition to recommend its views on how the nation could move forward.

5. The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), on Tuesday said that the Boko Haram insurgents ravaging the North-Eastern region of Nigeria have sent out four times more children suicide bombers in 2017 than in 2016. “Eighty-three children had been used as bombers since January 1, 2017, UNICEF said. Of those, 55 were girls, mostly under 15 years of age and 27 were boys. One was a baby strapped to a girl. 19 children were used last year,” UNICEF said.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

 

 

 

Loading...

Latest News

1Push Naija is an Online Nigerian News Network for Latest Contents on Politics, Entertainment, Terrorism (Boko Haram), Militants Attack and many more happenings around Nigeria.

Copyright © 2019 1Push Web Services... | Powered by OgbodoSolution.

To Top
Open