Boko Haram

Numbers of people who died in Borno village attack was far beyond what the Nigerian military reported – Borno State Deputy Governor

Boko Haram

Usman Durkwa, the Deputy Governor of Borno State, while speaking on Thursday on the attack on Magumeri, a community located 52 kilometers northeast of Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State, said that the death toll on the attack was far beyond the figure given by the military.

According to the military, residents had conspired with the Boko Haram terrorists but that soldiers effectively repelled the attack on Wednesday and two soldiers lost their lives.

However, while speaking to journalists shortly after visiting Magumeri, the deputy governor said that an undisclosed number of soldiers were killed during the attack as it was targeted at locations where security personnel were stationed in the community.

“On Wednesday night we were agitated by scary news that all of Magumeri village was attacked and burnt down by Boko Haram insurgents,” he said.

“From the information we gathered, the attack started at about 5.30p.m. But luckily, none of the house of the civilians was torched during the attack. And no single civilian resident was killed.

“The attack was restricted to soldiers’ base in Magumeri. The terrorists burnt down the military base, the radio room and an armoured vehicle. They also burnt down a water tanker.

“Sadly, some soldiers were killed, though I cannot give the actual figure as a search is still on in the bushes to locate if there are more casualties. As at yesterday, we got the information that only two lives were lost. But when we got there today, we discovered the number of lives lost was far beyond what we had earlier.

“They also attacked the police station and destroyed the official vehicle of the DPO. A police officer was killed as well.

“They also broke into the hospital and carted away drugs. They also burnt down three commercial vehicles,” he added.

READ OUR POST:  How an army Major was gruesomely murdered and her corpse burnt in her bedroom by her security guard in Edo
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

 

 

 

Loading...

Latest News

1Push Naija is an Online Nigerian News Network for Latest Contents on Politics, Entertainment, Terrorism (Boko Haram), Militants Attack and many more happenings around Nigeria.

Copyright © 2019 1Push Web Services... | Powered by OgbodoSolution.

To Top
Open