The nurse who injected a Nigerian Senator before his death testifies before court. Read his full testimony

Late Isiaka Adeleke

Alfred Aderibigbe, the nurse who administered injections on Senator Isiaka Adeleke shortly before his death, has testified that he did not administer a drug overdose on the late politician as being insinuated.

The nurse stated this on Thursday before Chief Magistrate Olusegun Ayilara.

According to Aderibigbe, the drugs he administered on the late politician before he died were given to him by the Senator himself.

He added that he had been treating Senator Adeleke for the past 20 years, although he also had other nurses in Abuja and Lagos.

The Chief Medical Director of Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, where the senator was pronounced dead on arrival however said that he died of drug overdose.

Aderibigbe said that he first met the late senator while he was working as a nurse at the State Hospital in Ede.

Alfred Aderibigbe, the nurse who administered injections on Senator Isiaka Adeleke shortly before his death

Alfred Aderibigbe, the nurse who administered injections on Senator Isiaka Adeleke shortly before his death

He said that he had attended to his daughter who was rushed to the hospital under convulsive condition. After treating his daughter, late Adeleke, as a way of saying thank you appreciated his effort with some cash.

“After a while, I started treating him,” he said. “Whenever he was given prescription and he probably didn’t complete his treatment in Abuja, I would administer the remaining.

“He had other nurses in Abuja, and some in Lagos.

“I’m his nurse in Ede. I don’t know any of other nurses, but I know that whenever he was given injection by those nurses, he would show me in order to know the new area to inject him.

“He was hypertensive and he had gouty arthritis. I was close to him. I used to advise him to rest for him to be okay.

“He stopped smoking for a long time. He drank alcoholic drinks.”

Read the nurse’s testimony below;

“The senator gave me his drugs which he brought from Lagos  to keep  on the evening of Monday, April 17,  with the understanding that when he wants to take them,  he will call me to bring  them.

“On Sunday, April 23, at about 4 am, I was, however, woken up by two men from the senator who banged on my gate and later informed me that the senator had been calling my phone and that  I was not picking my calls.

“They said the senator needed me to come and treat him and that I should bring his drugs along.

“I later went inside to get them and also found the calls I missed on my phone.

“I called the senator but his friend, one Dipo Fagborode,  picked his call.

“As he was explaining what was going on, the senator himself collected the phone and asked  me to come quickly  that he was having serious knee  pains.

“When I got to the senator’s house, he asked  for his drugs and gave me his prescription which contained the dose I was to administer on him.

“The drugs which the senator kept with me that was to be administered  on him were Analgin injection, Diazepam injection, photroine injection and hydrocortisone.

“But the senator said I should not give him hydrocortisone because when he took it in Lagos, he had headache and was also vomiting.

“So the other drugs was what I gave him and they were in the right dosage.

“Even when the prescription said he should be given 20mg of diazepam, I had to limit it to 10mg because I discovered he had taken some oral pain painkillers.

“The two other injections I gave him were in the right proportion too– 50mg of Analgin and 1mg of photroine.

“I waited for him to sleep and finish the drip/water I had already placed him on before I took my leave around 7:30 am.

“The reason I took my leave was to inform my church because the day was a Sunday and  I would  not be able to teach the Sunday class.

“I returned  back to the Adeleke  residence  by 9:30 am.

“Before I left, I had told the senator’s friend, who was with me throughout the treatment, to watch over him.

“When I returned, I found the senator in the sleeping position I left him, and  on closer observation, his heart rate had dropped and his pulse was faint.

“I quickly gave him cardiac massage and called on his friend,  Dipo,  to assist me  and when the situation was beyond my control, I raised an alarm and he was quickly rushed to Biket hospital.

“By the time we got him to Biket hospital, the CMD, Dr Adebisi Adenle, examined  his body and pronounced him “Brought in Dead.”

“He asked  his friend what happen and he was told that the deceased complained of knee  joint pain (gout) and that I gave him some treatment.

“The doctor now  asked  me  what drugs I administered  on the deceased and I told him.

“He  then said it was the normal drug  treatment for  gout.

“But as the empty containers and  the previous drugs the deceased had taken were brought to the hospital on the doctor’s request, lies broke out that he died of overdose.

“The lies were generated by the crowd that had gathered at the hospital  because Sen. Adeleke’s campaign bus and his Escalade were used to convey him to the hospital.

“As they drove against traffic, people got the hint that he was in trouble and gathered to find out more.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *




Latest News

To Top