Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Socio – Economic Right And Accountability Project (SERAP) call for the suspension of the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Maikanti Baru, following his recently exposed activities by the Minister of State Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu.
2. Federal Government reportedly releases N100billion to contractors for 24 roads including the Ibadan-Illorin road.
3. The wife of Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Mrs. Dame Patience Jonathan, alleges that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) froze her late mother’s account.
4. Nigerian Army says that Mr. Nnamdi Kanu, the man who was spearheading the movement for Biafra secession from Nigeria through his already proscribed group, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), has no means of livelihood.
5. Mr. Shehu Sani, the Senator representing Kaduna Central Senatorial District, urges President Muhammadu Buhari who serves as both the president and the Minister of Petroleum, to appoint a credible Petroleum Minister. His comment came following the feud between Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, the Minister of State Petroleum Resources, and Dr. Maikanti Baru, the GMD of NNPC.