Good Day Nigeria! Its Friday again! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch🙂. Have a nice weekend!
1. Senate President Bukola Saraki sacks 98 of his aides just few days after it was reported that he has stopped receiving his pension as former Governor of Kwara State. His Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, said that “The main purpose was for efficiency of that office; it’s for us to have people that will help that office to work better. It’s entirely the decision of the senate president to do the repositioning.”
2. Recuperating Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says that top members who left the party will join them in three weeks. The statement was issued by Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, the Chairman of the PDP Special Non-Elective National Convention Committee.
3. Presidency commends protesters who on Thursday matched in support of President Muhammadu Buhari, says corrupt Nigerians were behind the call for Buhari’s resignation. The Nigerian police assaulted the anti-Buhari protesters while the same police escorted pro-Buhari protesters.
4. The Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) says that the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, wants the Federal Government to declare an emergency rule in Anambra State following his advice to boycott forthcoming election.
5. Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, reportedly directed the Comptroller General of the Nigerian Customs Service, Hameed Ali, to reinstate retired comptroller.