Good Day Nigeria! Its Friday again! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Have a nice weekend!
1. Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) ends Thursday meeting in deadlock. In the meeting, Government reportedly accepted all ASUU’s requests, including funding for revitalization of public universities, earned academic allowance, nonpayment of salaries and others except for the exemption of universities from the Treasury Single Account (TSA).
2. A Presidential aide, Okoi Obono-Obla, the Chairman, Special Presidential Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property, on Thursday during a programme of Channels Television accused Nigerians of refusing to support President Muhammadu Buhari’s war against corruption. He noted that it is as if only President Buhari and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo are fighting corruption.
3. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described the members of the National Assembly (Senators and House of Representatives Members) as bunch of unarmed robbers. The former president stated this during a book presentation in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State. According to him, the Lawmakers bogus earnings portrayed them as unarmed robbers.
4. According to recent revelation, the abduction of more than 200 Chibok schoolgirls by Boko Haram terrorists on April 14, 2014, was accidental. One of the abducted girls, Naomi Adamu, in her diary revealed that the terrorists had come to the school to steal machinery for house building, but when they couldn’t find what they want, they decided to take them to their leader, Abubakar Shekau.
5. Senate President Bukola Sarki and the Speaker of the National House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, visited President Muhammadu Buhari in London, United Kingdom, on Thursday. President Buhari has spent over 100 days in London on medical vacation.