Good Day Nigeria! Its Friday again! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Have a nice weekend!
1. Arewa Youths changes their mind, says Igbo can stay in the North. The northern youths had earlier issued an ultimatum to the Igbo tribe staying in the North to vacate northern Nigeria before October 1. A situation that apparently propelled the Niger Delta youths to also order the Hausa and Yoruba tribes out of the Niger Delta region.
2. Members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) National Working Committee are to hold a meeting in Abuja next week, to make decisions regarding party’s national convention.
3. Vice Chancellors of Universities and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) have rejected the recent cut-off point given by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). JAMB had peg admission cut-off mark at 120 for universities and 100 for polytechnics, monotechnics and colleges of education. ASUU in its statement said that the plan of the current All Progressive Congress led government is to destroy public universities in Nigeria.
4. Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday via a facebook post took a swipe at the move by the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to curb hate speech in the country. Jonathan stated that he is the most abused president, but Nigerians would remember him for the total freedom they enjoyed under him. “I am the most abused and insulted president in the world but when I leave office, you will remember me for the total freedom you enjoyed under me.”Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had stated the federal government would begin to treat hate speeches as terrorism and the military few days ago noted that it has begin monitoring peoples comments on social media for anti-government and anti-military view.
5. Former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani Kayode, has urged elder statesmen to urge President Muhammadu Buhari to resign from office and attend to his health, adding that the strong and fearless Buhari Nigerians used to know would never be the same again.