Good Day Nigeria! Its Friday again! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it every week days (Monday- Friday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????.
1. Governor Nasir El-Rufai, at the National Economic Committee (NEC) told Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, that Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan denied about 19 states allocation from the ecological funds. “What President Goodluck Jonathan did was to take N2 billion each from the Ecological Fund and give to some PDP states. Any PDP state that was not his friend; like Kano and Kwara didn’t get, and all the other opposition parties like no ACN state got anything, no ANPP state got anything,” El-Rufai said – Read More
2. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo at an event organized to mark Biafra at 50 at the Shehu Yar’Adua Centre in Abuja, said that Biafran agitators needs to be begged to stay with Nigeria as one. According to the former president, there is enough cake to share – Read More
3. Ugly story of how gunmen abducted six (6) pupils from a school in Lagos State – Read More
4. Yesterday, the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria passed the Petroleum Industry Governance Bill. The new bill scraps the NNPC, the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), the Petroleum Products and Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) and other government agencies. And created three new agencies to oversee the activities of the nation’s oil sector – Read More
5. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State said that only the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) can save Nigeria – Read More