Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. Mr. Garba Shehu, President Muhammadu Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, said that an Abuja Magistrate Court and also an international police (INTERPOL) had issued a new arrest warrants for Abdulrasheed Maina, the embattled former Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms.
2. Former President Goodluck Jonathan while receiving the ‘African Leadership & Achievement Award’ at the sixth edition of African Ambassadors Interactive Forum and Dinner, organized by the African Third Sector Resource in Abuja, said that he reformed Nigeria’s democratic process where court judgments are no longer needed to conclude our elections.
3. Dr. Bukola Saraki, Nigeria’s Senate President, and Hon. Yakubu Dogara, the Speaker National House of Representatives, were reportedly turned back from the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Thursday night by security operatives who insisted that the lawmakers must be search one by one.
4. Mr. Ibrahim Idris, the Inspector General of Police, on Thursday admitted that he released two cars for the security of Mrs. Aisha Buhari, the Wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, for security use and not for her personal use as alleged by Senator Isa Misau.
5. The Attorney General of the Generation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, says that he is ready to appear before the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria over his involvement in the reinstatement, promoting and posting of the embattled former Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina.