Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch🙂. Enjoy!
1. Chairman, Senate Committee on Navy, Senator Isah Misau, who accused the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, of N120billion bribery, has been reportedly charged with spreading injurious falsehood against the Police Inspector General.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari again asks the National Assembly to approve new $5.5billion foreign loans.
3. Following the feud between the Minister of State Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, and the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Dr. Maikanti Baru, the duo met at a petroleum summit, agrees on creating stronger petroleum industry free of political interference.
4. Northern leaders under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State for declaring his intention to contest for 2019 presidential election under the party umbrella.
5. Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, supports the position of the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on the restructuring of the country.