Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a great weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. Mrs. Aisha Alhassan, the Minister of Women Affairs, in her response to the statement issued by Chief Femi Fani Kayode, a former minister of aviation, said that FFK is a liar. FFK had stated that Alhassan knew about Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s alleged involvement in the abduction of Chibok Schoolgirls in 2014.
2. Ahead of 2019 Presidential elections, Governors of Northern States and Governor Amosun of Ogun State endorse President Muhammadu Buhari to run for second term.
3. This evening around 6pm in Umuahia, the capital of Abia State, there was a clash between the members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) who alleged that the Nigerian Army attacked them. The army however noted that suspected IPOB militants had blocked the road and threw stones and broken bottles at its operatives which led to the firing of a warning shot into the air.
4. Under President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, the federal government and state governments have so far reportedly borrowed N7.51trillion.
5. Presidency says that Presidency Muhammadu Buhari will travel to the United States of America next week.
6. Senator Shehu Sani says that the case of the suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. David Babachir Lawal, is a bone in the throat of President Muhammadu Buhari.