Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a good weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Governors met on Sunday at the Enugu State Government House in Enugu ahead of the party’s forthcoming national convention. PDP Governors who were at the meeting include Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu, Nyesom Wike of Rivers, Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom, Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia, David Umahi of Ebonyi, Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti, Ibrahim Dankwambo of Gombe and others, including members of the Senator Ahmed Makarfi led National Caretaker Committee.
2. Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan in a recent interview described former President Olusegun Obasanjo as the boss of all bosses in the Nigerian political space. He further advised former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to reach out to Obasanjo if he must achieve his presidential ambition.
3. Following alleged complaints from some northern Muslim leaders, the Nigerian military is set to end the admission of female cadets into the combatant course of the Nigerian Defence Academy.
4. Kano State Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje, has reportedly spent N208million on the empowerment of 5,200 tea sellers (Masu Shayi) in the state. The state government distributed items including; carton of noodles, cocoa beverage, eggs, milk, bread and other items.
5. Mr. Shehu Garba, the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, in a recent statement described Alhaji Sule Lamido, a former Governor of Jigawa State, as intellectually and morally bankrupt for criticizing Buhari over his war against corruption.