Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a good weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. The Federal Government of Nigeria and the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami, tells court that Nigerian Banks are frustrating the President Buhari’s administration war against corruption.
2. Former Vice President Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme has died around 10pm on Sunday in a London clinic.
3. The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Anambra State Governorship election, Oseloka Obaze, has rejected the victory of Governor Willie Obiano, the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), in the state just concluded governorship poll.
4. Buruji Kashamu, the Senator representing Ogun East Senatorial District, says that the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Caretaker Committee, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, brought ill luck to the party over the party’s defeat in the just concluded Anambra governorship election. “It is clear that Makarfi and his allies have brought ill-luck to the PDP,” he said.
5. Stubborn President of Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe, refuses to resign, says he would address his party (ZANU-PF-congress) in December. The party had earlier sacked him as its leader and gave him chance to resign before Monday afternoon or face impeachment by the parliament.