Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. President Muhammadu Buhari reportedly promised to address lopsided appointments and insecurity in Nigeria as he received the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Samson Ayokunle, and the Secretary General of Jama’atu Nasril Islam, Dr. Khalid Aliyu, in a separate meeting at the presidential villa in Abuja.
2. Vote and die; The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) allegedly threatens residents of Anambra State ahead of the state governorship election.
3. Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), says that the officials who aided the wanted former Chairman of the Pension Task Reforms Commission, Abdulrasheed Maina, are under investigation.
4. The Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and the National Union of Teachers (NUT), accuses Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State of plotting to sack 21,000 teachers and others in the state.
5. The Nigerian Army says that the recent attacks by the members of the deadly Boko Haram terrorist group on civilians is sign of desperation.