Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper Weekend Edition. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch🙂. Enjoy!
1. The Federal Government says that Nigeria needs more than 100,000 new tractors to achieve agricultural production target. This was stated by Senator Udo Udoma, the Minister of Budget and National Planning while speaking at the inauguration of the Higher Institution Tractorisation Initiative in Abuja the nation’s capital.
2. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has screened and cleared six (6) aspirants to contest the Anambra State Governorship Election under the party. The Chairman of the Screening Committee, Mr. Adamu Waziri, presented the clearance certificate to the aspirants at the PDP national secretariat in Abuja. The candidates who will first contest in the primaries are; Capital Oil Boss, Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah, Senator Stella Oduah, Dr. Alex Obiogolu, Mr. John Emeka, Lynda Ikpeazu, as well as Mr. Oseloka Obaze, a former Secretary of Anambra State, who was given a conditional clearance.
3. Charly Boy says that he is ready to take a bullet for Nigeria, following assault by the police during #OurMumuDonDo protest in Abuja calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to resum office or resign.
4. The Nigerian Army clashes with the United Nations over invasion of building in Maiduguri the capital of Borno State where Boko Haram terrorists has ravaged over the years.
5. Bishops and other Nigerians tell President Muhammadu Buhari to resign if he is not strong enough to rule.