Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. Federal Government urges foreign countries to designate Biafra secessionist group the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), as a terrorist organization.
2. The Minister of State Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, said that President Muhammadu Buhari asked him and Dr. Maikanti Baru, the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), to find a way to work together and move forward.
3. Following Accusations that President Muhammadu Buhari is marginalizing the South-East region of Nigeria. Mr. President in his response to Igbo leaders noted that he is not a sectional leader and he is in no way marginalizing the Igbo states.
4. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) again accuses Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State of diverting N680million part of bailouts fund paid to Ekiti State. The EFCC alleges that he diverted it to a private fixed deposit account which was yielding N6million interest every month for him.
5. Nigerians have been expressing outrage over the recent revelation by the President of World Bank, Jim Yong Kim, that President Muhammadu Buhari requested that the Bank shifts all its focus to the northern Nigeria.