Good Day Nigeria! Its all about Biafra and IPOB lately. Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper Weekend Edition. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy your weekend!
1. Following the unrest and tension caused by the clash between members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the Nigerian Army in Umuahia, Abia State, South-East Nigeria, the Nigeria Police has step up security in the North to ensure the protection of lives and properties of the Igbos residing in the northern parts of Nigeria.
2. On Friday, the Nigerian Military declared Biafra secessionist group, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), a militant terrorist organization.
3. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo tells President Muhammadu Buhari to meet and negotiate with Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan also advised Buhari to reach out to ex-presidents and ex-governors of Biafra issue.
4. South-East Governors after a meeting on Friday at the Enugu State Government House, proscribed the activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), urges President Muhammadu Buhari to withdraw soldiers from the region. The governors also restated its position on the need to Restructure Nigeria.
5. Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, says that anyone who threatens Nigeria’s unity will be treated as a criminal.