Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper Weekend Edition. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy your weekend!
1. The President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, says that there is no going back on strike until Federal Government meets its demands and agreements.
2. Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has appointed Dr. Mohammed Isah as the new Acting Chaiman of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB), Alhaji Ali Usman as the Acting Chairman of the National Pension Commission (PENCOM), and Prof. Bolaji Owosanoye as the Acting Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).
3. An investigation reveals that former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, former Kano State Governor, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, and others interested in the next presidential race awaits President Muhammadu Buhari decision to contest or not.
4. Popular Nigerian singer, Jaywon, says that there is absolutely nothing wrong with entertainers going into politics. But they should however not abuse the opportunity for the sake of younger entertainers.
5. Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, says that the recent line drawn by the Federal Government on hate speech was a plot to silence the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Acting President Osinbajo had few days ago announced that the President Muhammadu Buhari’s government will start treating hate speeches like terrorism.