Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper Weekend Edition. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy your weekend!
1. Chief Robert Clarke, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), has expressed shock over the request of former president Olusegun Obasanjo to President Muhammadu Buhari to negotiate with the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.
2. Federal Government plans to reveal the account details of those sponsoring recently declared terrorist group, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). According to government, IPOB receives huge funding from France (not the French Government). So, the government wants to prepare details and sources of the funding and hand it over to the French Government and the authorities of other countries where IPOB gets funding from.
3. The Islamic Council of Nigeria says that the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) is paranoid about Islam.
4. Presidency in its reaction to the statement of Nigeria’s Senate President Bukola Saraki regarding the declaration of IPOB as a terrorist group, said that Saraki’s statement is just his personal opinion.
5. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has stated his position concerning the ongoing controversies of Biafra secessionist group, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). Fayose noted that he is for a peaceful Nigeria.