Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. Chieftains of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) tells President Muhammadu Buhari to sack the suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation, David Babachir Lawal, the suspended Director General of the National Intelligence Agency, Ayo Oke, and the suspended Executive Secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme, Prof. Usman Yusuf.
2. Col. Hameed Ali (rtd), the Comptroller General of the Nigerian Customs Service, at the unveiling of an ultra-modern Buhari Support Organisation Office Complex in Jabi area of Abuja yesterday said that, the President Muhammadu Buhari’s change agenda has been derailed because it had not kept to its promises.
3. The Nigeria Immigration Service has reportedly directed its operatives at border formations to look out for Abdulrasheed Maina, the former Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms. Maina was declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over an alleged N2billion fraud.
4. Mr. Ayodele Fayose, the Governor of Ekiti State, in a recent statement described the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government as rotten covered with scandalous corruption.
5. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says that contrary to insinuations around, there is no one who can Islamise Nigeria.